Monday, April 2, 2018

Singing Praises to God


Hey guys!
I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter season spent with family, friends and reflecting on the true meaning of Easter and just how lucky we all are! He is a good, good Father isn't he?! One of my favorite Easter traditions is singing old church hymns. They bring back so many memories as a young kid and now they will get stuck in my head and I find myself humming them all day.

There is so much truth in the worship songs we sing! The style of the songs we sign have changed some over the years, but the meaning and the love behind them all remains the same. One of my absolute favorite worship songs right now is "Holy Spirit". Guys! This song gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes.



🎶 Holy Spirit, You are welcome here
Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere
Your glory, God, is what our hearts long for
To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

Your presence, Lord ðŸŽ¶



Every time I sing this song, I can't help but close my eyes and put my hands up! This song has so much power and truth in it. Calling God to come fill the atmosphere with His presence and just being overcome with everything He is! I just picture beautiful light filling the room, with hands raised towards heaven. Hebrews 13:15 says "Through him then let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is, the fruit of lips that acknowledge his name." So God considers praising him a sacrifice that is pleasing to Him. The fruit of our lips, what a "sweet" way to think about it!



Creative Details: To create this page I first applied a thin layer of gesso to my page since I knew I would be getting this page pretty wet. Then I used a clean paintbrush and went over my whole page with water. Once the page was wet, I started applying my watercolors in various places but starting in the middle with yellow and working my way out choosing gradually darker colors. After letting the colors blend together some, I dried it with my heat gun. 

To add the shimmer/light effect to the page, I took gold metallic and white gelatos and did straight lines coming off of the yellow circle, kind of like sun rays. Then took a baby wipe and smudged the gelato and blended them together. Once that part was finished, I simply outlined some hands in pen, colored them in with black acrylic paint, then applied my Holy Spirit stamp to the center with VersaFine black ink. 

Thanks for joining me this morning! 
xoxo,

Stephanie Gammon




Holy Spirit




No comments:

Post a Comment