Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Called by name...

Hi friends,

I don't know about you but I've been called by a fair few names in my lifetime. As well as my given name, I've also been called some lovely names ('beautiful', 'my love,' 'mate' and others!) but I've also been called some pretty nasty names, particularly at school (no need to elaborate on what those were!). Those names can have a scarring effect on our souls, embedding unwanted labels into our identities that take a long time to shift. One of the awesome things about God is that he calls us by name, and also gives us new, beautiful names to replace the unwanted titles given to us in our past. One of those names is Redeemed.


The word 'redeemed' means to have been delivered or released from a legal obligation or desperate circumstance. We were most certainly in desperate circumstances before God saved us, and in Christ we have been redeemed - rescued and delivered from an obligation we could never fulfil and a debt we could never pay. What an incredibly gracious and merciful God we serve!

I used the sweet new set Hello My Name Is for this page, as well as Scribble Flowers, Mini Grunge Type Alpha and Lynzee Script Alpha.



I pray that as you enter 2018, you would allow God's names for you to replace any wrong or unpleasant names anyone has given you. His Word is powerful and effective in reshaping our identities!

x Amy x

1 comment:

  1. This is simply stunning, Amy! Love your collage of flowers and blending of all the sets use. So artistic. Love it!

    ReplyDelete