Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Peace on Earth... - Luke 2


I’m already preparing for Christmas. Just in my bible though ;). I love reading the scriptures that tell about the birth of Jesus. It must have been so hard for Mary to carry this special Child. She didn’t know what would become of Him but she knew that there was something going to change. How weird would it be to get a visit from a couple of shepherds you don’t know and that they would tell you that a choir of angels told them to come and visit you and your baby. And that these angels were singing ‘Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace among men in whom he is well pleased.’ I just can’t imagine what she felt in that moment.

Back to these days. It’s almost impossible to imagine a peaceful earth. With no wars, shootings or other attacks. Or even without bullying and gossip. But we know that one day there will be true peace on earth. When Jesus, who saved us, returns… What a day that will be.


For this page I used the stamp set ‘Peace on Earth’. I stamped it on my bible page with a black ink and colored everything with colored pencils. A CAS bible journaling page, but I like to use these clean and simple pages for important messages that just stand out on their own.

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/peace-on-earth-clear-stamp-set/

I hope you will know the peace of Christ in these months before Christmas :)

- Lucinde

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully done, Lucinde! I've been coloring in the book of Luke too, and I love what you did here. I'm doing a women's program with our church ladies next Monday, on the birth of Jesus, and how tough it must have been for Mary, so your timing is perfect! Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete