Monday, November 13, 2017

God Showed Up!


Daniel 3: 17-25
17"If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the furnace of blazing fire; and He will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 18"But even if He does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we are not going to serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."…19Then Nebuchadnezzar was filled with wrath, and his facial expression was altered toward Shadrach, Meshach and Abed-nego. He answered by giving orders to heat the furnace seven times more than it was usually heated. 24Then Nebuchadnezzar the king was astounded and stood up in haste; he said to his high officials, "Was it not three men we cast bound into the midst of the fire?" They replied to the king, "Certainly, O king."25He said, "Look! I see four men loosed and walking about in the midst of the fire without harm, and the appearance of the fourth is like a son of the gods!"…

Oh to have faith like Shadrach, Meshack, and Abegnego ... to literally walk into a burning furnace and know that God will deliver me and even if He doesn't, my faith will not waiver as I know that He has bigger, better plans for me and He will be with me as I walk through the fire.

My Bible journal today is to remind me of this...I went simple and created a bookmark using the Sweet N Sassy Exclamations Set and the image proclaiming "God Showed Up!"

What a great feeling and a huge blessing!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a blessed day!

Lyn

1 comment:

  1. This has always been one of my most favorite passages showing what faith really means in the practical sense and more and more I see the time coming when our faith will be tested with fire. My desire too is to remain as steadfast as these three knowing God is right there with me through any trial. Lovely artwork, Lyn. Love the blend of colors. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete