Monday, July 3, 2017

It Is Well With My Soul

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with their surging. Psalm 46:1-3
 Hi Friends! Happy 4th!

What Psalm 46:1-3 is telling us is that through the storms of life, we can rest in Christ. I have always loved the hymn "It Is Well With My Soul". I want to be at peace whether things are calm or stormy. But honestly? I'm not there yet. I want to be like Paul:
"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:11-13

He learned to be content no matter what. And he tells us how he does it: "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." (Phil 4:13) He learned how to be content in every circumstance and he gets the strength to be content from Christ. I love that! I'm still learning. But I hope one day, that I can say what Paul did. And when I sing "It Is Well With My Soul", it's not just a hymn I love, but a testimony.

Now let's talk about the page. SNEAK PEEK ALERT!!! The hymn is from a set that Sweet n Sassy Stamps will release later this week called Hymn Blocks. It has 6 different hymn stamps and 3 accent stamps. It's a beautiful set that works well for Bible journaling and cards. The other set I used is Living Water.
I used watercolor crayons for the color. The way I use watercolor crayons is to color the page just as if I were using normal crayons. Then I go back with a paint brush and add water. As I paint the water on, the colors melt into watercolors. I love the crayons because they give me control of where each color goes. 

Lord, please teach me and all believers to be content in every and all circumstances through Christ who gives us strength. Yes, and amen!

I wish you all a happy and safe 4th of July! Andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment