Monday, March 6, 2017

Praise God with Every Breath!

"Praise the LordPraise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens. Praise Him for his acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. Praise Him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise Him with the harp and lyre, praise Him with timbrel and dancing, praise Him with the strings and pipe, praise Him with the clash of cymbals,  praise Him with resounding cymbals. Let everything that has breath praise the LordPraise the Lord." Psalm 150:1-6

Dear Friends,

Doesn't this Psalm just make you want to jump up and sing praises to our Lord? That's how I feel everytime I read it. It brings pure joy and delight to me. But, do I actually jump up and sing out? We are made to praise God. And, oh, how He deserves that praise!

Remember when David in 2 Samuel 6 was leaping and dancing before the Lord? He and all of Israel were celebrating "with all their might before the Lord". I have to say, I have a hard time outwardly abandoning myself to worship. I can sing worship songs in church, no problem. But, can I dare raise my hands in church? It may sound silly, but it's hard for me to do something even that small. I'm a pretty reserved person. But, I don't have any doubt that my Savior, my God deserved the abandoned praise that King David gave Him. And He deserves that same kind of praise from me. The good news for me is that it's not about what I do on the outside- it's not about whether I raise my hands or leap and dance. It's about my heart. Am I fully and completely praising my Lord with all my heart? With all my mind? With all my soul? This is the kind of praise that Psalm 150 speaks to. Let's praise Him every single day with our whole heart, whole mind, whole soul, with every breath- whatever that may look like on the outside. 😉

For my page, I painted the background with watercolors. I used 3 Sweet 'n Sassy stamp sets: Sing LoudThe Good News, and Living Water. Both Sing Loud and The Good News are newly released sets!
  
Praise Him, friends. Blessings! Andrea












No comments:

Post a Comment