Monday, January 2, 2017

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 


Happy New Year, Sweet 'n Sassy Friends!

Have you ever received an invitation that excited you? A birthday party? A Christmas celebration? A graduation? A marriage? Our Savior has extended an invitation to us that far exceeds any other invitation we will ever receive. Many invitations are beautifully done with poems or pictures and all the pertinent information. Jesus' invitation is just three simple words, but so beautiful are those words: Come to Me. Come to Me when you are weary. Come to Me when you are burdened. Matthew 11:28 speaks specifically about coming to Jesus when we are weary and burdened. But His invitation extends to more: Come to Me when you are happy. Come to Me when you are sad. Come to Me when you are excited. Come to Me when you are disappointed. Come. To. Me. ALWAYS. Dear friends, isn't that a wonderful invitation? And He'll never turn us away. He's always there, waiting to give us rest. Life can be so many things, but Jesus is our resting place.

Sweet Jesus, You are amazing! Human words cannot explain how wonderful You truly are. Help me to remember that You are my resting place; that I can come to You anytime, anywhere. Thank You, Lord, for inviting me to You. There's no place I'd rather be. In Your holy name, I pray. Amen.

For the page, I used a few Sweet 'n Sassy sets: Shake It Off Caps AlphaRebecca Script AlphaScribble FlowersFill Me Up, and Note This.


I pray that you will accept His invitation! May you have a year full of His joy, His peace, His presence, and yes, His rest. Take care, dear friends. Andrea







1 comment: