Monday, December 26, 2016

Praise God for His unspeakable gift

Hello everyone! I hope you had a lovely Christmas! The Christmas days reminded me of this verse in Corinthians: Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift (2 Corinthians 9:15). It's amazing that God would give us his own life, and not only his life. He wanted to experience the same things as we do as a human. The happy and beautiful moments, but even the pain and vulnerability. He has experienced moments of joy and despair. No matter what we feel, He knows it. Because He wanted to become a human, to save us all. An amazing gift I can't comprehend.


I love the banner and the birds from the 'Give Praise' stamp set and decided to use them for this page. I made my background first with some distress inks, I used pretty light colors so I didn't mask anything on my page. I sprayed a little bit of fixative spray on top of the distress inks because my bible paper is really smooth and thin and doesn't really absorb the inks. This way they will stick to the page better (and take a shorter time to dry so that's another reason I use the spray a lot with my inks). But because the fixative spray I use is water based it gives some 'drops' on the background. I love the playful effect they give to the pages so I don't mind it. 

After the background has dried I stamped the images with black ink. I used a grey ink for the banner because it touches the messages in my bible and I still want to be able to read them. This way the black words still shine through the banner. The word 'praise' is in the stamp set too, for the rest of the message I used a black fineliner. 


http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/creative-worship-give-praise-clear-stamp-set/
For this page I used the set 'Give Praise'.

- Lucinde

No comments:

Post a Comment